Sentiment Metrics is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
By visiting www.sentimentmetrics.co.uk or www.sentiment.io (the Site) you accept and consent to the collection and use of your information in accordance with this Policy.
Information we collect
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Personal Information that you give to us when registering with us, when ordering products, when emailing us or corresponding by phone or otherwise. This information will include your name, billing addresses, email address, phone number, financial and /or payment information, company name and address, your Twitter username and authorisation to access your Twitter account, if you use a mobile device platform to access the Services or communicate with us, information transmitted from your mobile device (including your UDID, mobile carrier identity and location date including GPS) and information purchased from third parties.
- Non-Personal Information that the web analytics service we use automatically records when you visit our website, such as technical information including your ISP’s server address, URL, IP address, domain, browser type, country, telephone area code where your computer is located, the type of device, operating system and browser used. The information collected about your visit to our website includes the date and time of your visit, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, the time spent on each page and the previous site visited. The service we use to collect this information cannot identify you personally from any of this information.
How we use your Information
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To process your orders and to communicate with you about them.
- To notify you about changes to our products and services.
- To provide you with information about our products and services that are similar to those you have already used or that we feel may interest you.
We will use other information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To administer our website, including for testing, data analysis and statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our website to ensure the content is presented in the most effective manner for your use.
- To evaluate interest and needs of users in relation to our offers, products and services.
- To track use of products and services and provide customer support.
- To deliver relevant advertising to you and to measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you.
- To manage our business needs such as administration of the Site, fulfilment, analytics, fraud prevention, enforcement or reporting obligations or to comply with law.
See Opting Out below if you do not want us to use your information for the purpose of sending you general product information or marketing communications.
How we handle and store your personal information
We confirm we comply with the requirements of applicable Data Protection legislation in relation to the collection, handling and storage of your personal information.
We will keep all personal information strictly confidential and shall not disclose it to any other organisations except as described below (see Disclosure of your Information). We will only use the information that we collect about you for the purposes for which it was collected.
Any information we collect in relation to you is kept on secure servers. This website is [certified by GoDaddy] as an assurance that information is kept private between our website server and your browser.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. In particular information you send by e-mail or instant messaging is not secure and you should not use it to transmit Personal Information to us. Once we have received your information we will use our strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Any link between Non-Personal Information and Personal Information is not shared with third parties without your consent or as described below in Disclosure of your Information.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information from time to time with selected third parties who will use it for limited purposes as part of working with us in our normal business activities. Whilst they may need to have access to certain personal information to perform their function, they are not permitted to use it for any other purposes. They are required to treat it as fully confidential and to comply with all applicable Data Protection legislation.
We sometimes use remarketing (sometimes called retargeting) to better target our online adverts to interested customers, but personally identifiable information is never disclosed for this purpose.
Please note that we may be legally required to disclose personal information if requested to do so by any government, regulatory or investigating authority.
Non-Personal Information from users of the Site may be combined to create Aggregate Data that may be disclosed to third parties. Aggregate Data does not include Personal Information and contains no information that could be used to identify you.
Cookies are small data files that are stored by your browser on your computer when you visit our website, if you agree. They help to enhance the functionality of our website and provide a personalised experience when you browse our website and use our products and services. We do not link Non-Personal Information from cookies to your Personal Information. Cookies do not damage your system.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests – to better target our online adverts to interested customers. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You may choose to not accept any of the cookies we use by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse all or some cookies. However, if you do so you may not be able to access all or parts of our site and you may not be able to shop.
Except for the user session login cookie, all cookies will expire when you close your browser.
We may also use web beacons, pixels, anonymous ad network tags and cookies to collect Non-Personal Information about your use of the Site and the websites of selected sponsors and advertisers to collect anonymised, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for advertisers and to collect data related to your use of promotions or newsletters. Web beacons allow us to statistically monitor how many people open our e-mails and for what purposes these actions are taken, but are not used to track your activity outside the Site or the websites of our sponsors. We do not link Non-Personal Information from web beacons to your Personal Information.
Links to other Websites
User ID and Password
The Site uses security measures such as internet firewalls, an intrusion detection system, encrypted data transmission and operating protocols to protect your Personal Information. If you disclose your user ID and Password for accessing our products and services this information is no longer secure and you should therefore protect your user ID and Password. Please contact our technical support department (firstname.lastname@example.org) should you require any help changing your user ID and Password
You may notify us at any time if you do not want us to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you, or if you do not want to receive any other advertising, marketing communications or news from us. Please contact us at email@example.com
Contacting us about your information
You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you by writing to us at - The Privacy Officer, Sentiment, Macranet Limited, The Hub, Fowler Avenue, IQ Farnborough, Farnborough GU14 7JF or by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If any of the information we hold is incorrect, or you want us to remove all information we are holding about you, please let us know and we will amend it promptly.